Creating a COVIDSafe workplace
All Victorian businesses are required to have a COVIDSafe Plan.
Workplace (Additional Industry Obligations) Directions have been issued for some industries. The directions are designed to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in Victorian workplaces and manage the risks associated with coronavirus (COVID-19).
The following agriculture-related businesses have additional obligations:
- poultry, seafood, abattoirs and meat processing facilities
- farm businesses, hosts and labour hire providers involved in the seasonal horticulture workforce
Seasonal horticulture obligations
Employers (farm businesses/hosts) that undertake horticultural seasonal work and labour hire providers that offer transport and/or accommodation for seasonal workers have additional obligations.
The additional obligations include:
- developing and adhering to a COVIDSafe Plan that addresses the requirements of the Additional Industry Obligations
- record keeping
- separating workers through workforce bubbles
- providing training relating to good hygiene practices, not attending work when unwell and compliance with workforce bubble arrangements
- daily cleaning.