Fire, floods and storms

Agriculture impact reporting and recovery assistance

Agricultural recovery technical support

If you would like technical assistance, please contact Agriculture Victoria on  136 186 or email

See below for more details.

Self-reporting agricultural impacts

The information you provide when reporting agricultural impacts is used to help government understand the scale and impacts of a particular natural disaster, including the delivery of appropriate recovery efforts and support.

For reporting agricultural impacts from  a natural disaster (e.g. bushfire, storm or flood) please use our online form by clicking on the button below.

Impact assessment form

Agricultural recovery technical support

Agriculture Victoria is working with Victorian farmers and industry to prepare for, respond to and recover from natural disasters, including floods and storms. This includes delivering technical information and supporting events to support farm business recovery on topics such as:

  • grazing, cropping and pasture management
  • irrigation and horticulture system rehabilitation
  • soil erosion management
  • land management
  • animal health and nutrition
  • farm mapping and planning
  • water quality
  • weed management.

Farmers seeking agriculture recovery assistance  should contact Agriculture Victoria on 136 186 or email

When emailing, please provide your name, phone number and locality, with a brief statement about the nature of your concern.

Agriculture recovery technical events, webinars and field days

For information about upcoming recovery events and field days, explore our upcoming events  or subscribe to the Resilience and Recovery newsletter to access the latest events and information.

Have you been impacted by bushfire?

Information and resources to help primary producers impacted by fires is available. To learn what you need to do immediately after a bushfire has passed, read What to do after bushfire? .

Fire toolkit

Download the resources, checklists and template for developing a fire preparedness plan from the fire toolkit.

Rural Financial Counselling Service

The Rural Financial Counselling Service offers free and independent financial information, options, decision making support and referral services to farmers and small, related rural businesses who are in, or at risk of, financial hardship.

To find your closest service call 1300 771 741 or visit the Rural Financial Counselling Network website.

National Centre for Farmer Health

The National Centre for Farmer Health is supporting primary producers through the delivery of initiatives to boost farmer mental health and wellbeing, including:

  • Distribution of mental health resources and support information
  • Managing Stress on the Farm’ book explores the common causes of stressors on farms and offers practical ways to deal with them. It also includes the Steering Straight plan, to help individuals manage their mental health with practical, useful steps.

More information is available from the National Centre for Farmer Health.