Farmers who have been impacted by floods and require assistance or have urgent animal welfare needs, please contact the VicEmergency Hotline on 1800 226 226 and press 9 for an interpreter.
Flood Recovery Hotline
Victorians affected by the floods can call the Flood Recovery Hotline 1800 560 760 for help with:
- a range of clean-up services
- finding somewhere to stay
- mental health and wellbeing support.
The recovery hotline is open from 7.30 am to 7.30 pm every day.
Call 1800 560 760 and press 9 for an interpreter
For more information please visit: vic.gov.au/2022-flood-recovery
Financial support for flood-affected farmers
A support package is available for flood-affected farmers:
- Primary Producer Recovery Grants: Up to $75,000 grants to cover the cost of recovery and get businesses up and running again.
Note: This replaces the $10,000 Primary Producer Flood Clean–Up, Relief Grants announced on 19 October. Producers that have received a Primary Producer Flood Clean–Up Relief Grant of $10,000 can now apply for up to a further $65,000 under the Primary Producer Recovery Grant, bringing the total to $75,000.
- Rural Landholder Grants: Up to $25,000 grants to cover the costs of disaster impacts for small-scale producers.
- Primary Producer Concessional Loans: Up to $250,000 to restore or replace damaged equipment and infrastructure, or to cover the short-term business expenses.
- Primary Producer Transport Subsidies: Up to $15,000 to support the transport of emergency fodder or stock drinking water, and the movement of livestock.