Current dry seasons support programs
Drought and dry season support for Victorian famers in Central and East Gippsland, the Millewa region of North-West Victoria and the Goulburn Murray Irrigation District is available through the following programs:
- Catchment Management Authority Drought Employment program providing short term off-farm employment and training for farmers, farm workers and individuals affected by drought to expand or obtain transferable employment skills
- Farm Business and Decision Support program providing technical farm management information and decision-making support across the state
- Mental health program delivering local community mental health services, first aid training and rural outreach as well as the National Centre for Farmer Health program.
The Victorian and Commonwealth Governments also provide a range of support to farm businesses on an ongoing basis so that farmers can prepare for and manage their business during drought and dry season conditions:
- Technical assistance delivered by Agriculture Victoria, which provides workshops and one-on-one consultations to assist farm businesses to manage dry seasonal conditions
- Rural Financial Counselling Service which provides free financial counselling to primary producers, fishers and small rural businesses who are experiencing financial hardship
- Farm Household Allowance (Commonwealth Government), which provides income support for eligible farm businesses, experiencing financial hardship
- Commonwealth Government concessional loans for drought and farm investments, which are delivered by the Regional Investment Corporation
Farm management information and decision-making support is currently being delivered online. Visit the Agriculture Victoria events page for details.
If you have specific questions for Agriculture Victoria staff or wish to provide feedback directly to us: