Current dry seasons support programs
Preparing for dry seasonal conditions
The Victorian and Commonwealth Governments provide a range of support to farm businesses on an ongoing basis so that farmers can prepare for and manage their business during and after drought and dry seasonal conditions:
- Technical assistance delivered by Agriculture Victoria, which provides workshops and one-on-one consultations to assist farm businesses to manage dry seasonal conditions
- Rural Financial Counselling Service, which provides free financial counselling to primary producers, fishers and small rural businesses who are experiencing financial hardship
- Farm Household Allowance (Commonwealth Government), which provides income support for eligible farm businesses, experiencing financial hardship
- Commonwealth Government concessional loans for drought and farm investments, which are delivered by the Regional Investment Corporation
Support is also available:
- Mental and physical health support is provided through local community mental health services and private providers as well as the National Centre for Farmer Health program.
The Victorian and Commonwealth Governments also provide a range of support to farm businesses on an ongoing basis so that farmers can prepare for and manage their business during drought and dry season conditions:
Farm management information and decision-making support is currently being delivered online. Visit the Agriculture Victoria events page for details.
If you have specific questions for Agriculture Victoria staff or wish to provide feedback directly to us: