Small-Scale and Craft Program
The Small-Scale and Craft Program targets businesses looking to:
- scale-up operations
- diversify product lines
- expand outreach.
Stream One: Round Three
Stream One: Round Three focuses on supporting businesses to upscale their business, expand into new markets and develop individual tourism offerings.
Applications for Stream One: Round Three under the Small-Scale and Craft Program are now open.
- Opening date – 21 June 2022
- Closing date – 31 July 2022 at 11.59 pm
Grants up to $15,000 are available to eligible small-scale and craft agribusinesses for projects that:
- support Victoria's small-scale and craft agribusinesses to expand into new markets to support business resilience, scale-up operations, adopt new technology and increase access for tourism by developing individual tourism offerings
- ensure Victoria continues to be a leader in artisanal produce, with a renewed focus on excellence, resilience, sustainability, local job creation and economic development.
Download the program guidelines:
What can the grant be used for?
- New equipment or small-scale infrastructure (including signage)
- Technology adoption (excluding training and ongoing maintenance and service support costs)
- Expansion of the agribusiness into new markets, including market development strategies and export support
- Product diversification
- Development and updating of farmgate outlets or sites for tourism (all permits must be submitted as evidence prior to grant agreement)
Other eligible expenditure will be accepted on a per case basis. Projects must be completed within five months of the executed Grant Agreement.
Who is not eligible?
- Businesses that have previously received a Stream One or Stream One: Round Two grant under the program
- Individuals and businesses operating in the wine or distilling sector
- Government departments or agencies
- Unincorporated associations, franchisees and subsidiaries of larger companies
- Local councils
- Applicants that have applied for another state government grant for the same project
- Applicants not based in Victoria
What is not eligible?
- Grants will not be provided for retrospective activities or purchases (i.e. activities that have occurred or purchases made prior to execution of the Grant Agreement or the commencement date for the project as set out in the Grant Agreement)
- Ongoing operating expenses or other ‘business as usual’ expenses (including but not limited to utility costs and product costs; maintenance and service support costs; advertising and social media; operational wage-related costs; online costs – such as internet connectivity, website domain names and hosting; e-commerce platforms)
- Fees associated with permits for planning or annual certification
- Training costs associated with technology adoption
- Costs associated with applying for government grants and funding programs
- The purchase, lease or acquisition of land
- Events and associated promotion costs
- Any vehicles (including tractors, forklifts, motorised bikes, etc.) or vehicle associated costs
- Items without a quote or rationale as to why no quote/s can be provided
When can I apply for a grant?
The program opened on 21 June 2022 and will close on 31 July 2022 at 11.59 pm.
Once my application is submitted, what happens next?
You will receive an automated email, stating your application has been received. Once the grants close, the assessment process will commence and you will be notified in approximately 8–12 weeks of the outcome.
What is a legal entity?
A legal entity is an association, corporation, trustee of a trust, or individual that has legal standing in the eyes of the law.
A legal entity has legal capacity to enter into agreements or contracts, assume obligations, incur and pay debts, sue and be sued in its own right, and to be held responsible for its actions.
Apply for a grant
Please ensure you have read the guidelines thoroughly to ensure you are eligible, have all required documentation and understand what is required.Apply now
Stay up-to-date on information about the Small-Scale and Craft Program by subscribing to our portal.