Support and resources
Pathways to Export
The Pathways to Export program will create pathways for Victorian agri-food businesses as they internationalise and diversify into new markets.
The program will:
- provide specialised in-market support for businesses with our in-market specialists in South East Asia, the Middle East and North Africa region, and China
- collate international market intelligence to strengthen our expertise and tailor our services to Victorian agribusinesses
- include a range of business support services, including support for emerging industries
- develop an agri-food exports online hub.
To keep up to date with the Pathways to Export program and hear about our products and services when they launch, sign up to our newsletter.
Food and Fibre Trade Pavilion (Vic House – China)
The Victorian Food and Fibre Trade Pavilion (Vic House) is an innovative in-market promotional facility in Shanghai, developed to showcase Victoria’s broad agricultural, food and beverage capabilities to the state’s largest global export partner, China.
Vic House provides Victorian exporters with a unique opportunity to:
- conduct targeted product tasting and testing in-market
- undertake virtual business meetings with importers and retailers
- grow their business through new export opportunities
- maintain existing relationships and develop new networks in China
- promote existing brands, and new and seasonal products
- support entry into the China market.
Vic House provides Victoria with the opportunity to consolidate its strong position in the critical China market and recover lost market share due to global market disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Victorian Government is providing Vic House as a free platform to support Victorian businesses.
Additional information - Who else do I talk to?
The following organisations provide further information for new and established exporters looking for additional information.
Austrade is the Australian Government's trade, investment and education promotion agency. Austrade has information on international export markets and advice on how to access these markets. Austrade also has grants for exporters.
Austrade also provides useful reports, such as Exporting food and beverage to China.
Austrade has developed an online service offering to assist exporters with getting started plus understanding relevant laws and regulations such as Free Trade Agreements.
To make an enquiry, please visit the business.gov.au contact page.
The Australian Government's Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is the department of the Australian federal government responsible for foreign policy and relations, international aid, consular services and trade and investment
The DFAT website will help you find out about:
- negotiating market access
- an explanation of the tariff structure
- grants and financial assistance.
To make an enquiry, please visit the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) contact page.
Visit the Department of Agriculture, Water and Environment (Commonwealth Government) website for information on:
- exporting agricultural products from Australia
- approved auditors
- Manual of Importing Country Requirements (MICoR)
- export forms
- regulatory information.
To make an enquiry, please visit the Australian Government's Department of Agriculture, Water and Environment website contact page.