Report a marine pest sighting
Agriculture Victoria is the lead agency for the management of marine pests in Victoria.
Reporting marine pests means that you are helping to stop the introduction of exotic species into Victoria and preventing the spread of existing pests to other parts of our coastline.
Any unusual, strange or exotic marine species, found or sighted in Victoria, should be reported to Agriculture Victoria.
Four ways to report a sighting
When making a report remember to include the following details to help Agriculture Victoria officers to follow up on your report as quickly as possible:
- your name
- contact phone number
- email address
- name or brief description of the marine pest you wish to report
- number of animals you have found or spotted
- date and time of the sighting
- location where the marine pest was found or spotted (specific references to streets or landmarks are helpful)
Call the Agriculture Victoria Customer Service Centre 136 186.
Snap Send Solve
Free to download from the App Store and Google Play, Snap Send Solve allows you to easily report marine pests and many other issues in your community in under 30 seconds.
Making a report is simple:
- Select the location
- Select the Incident Type
- Take a photo of the issue
- Fill out notes and any additional fields
- Select the incident type ‘Marine Pest’
- Send report
Use our online form
You can submit your report or sighting using the form below. Fill out as much as possible and a member of the marine pest team will contact you directly.
Fields marked with * are mandatory.