Navigating farm developments – online tool
Navigating Farm Developments (NFD) is an online tool developed by Agriculture Victoria to help farmers and farm advisors identify planning and other requirements related to farm development projects.
Currently, the tool services these industries:
Pigs and poultry industries are coming soon.
Use NFD to find out planning requirements for developments like:
- cattle shelters
- hay sheds
- stock containment areas
- freestall barns
- effluent systems
- plus many more.
How does navigating farm developments work?
- Select an industry and enter an address.
- Identify the type of development project you are planning to undertake.
- Draw a property boundary and the boundary of the development on the map and measure key distances.
- The tool identifies the relevant zones, overlays, and planning and other requirements involved in obtaining planning and other approvals.
- A summary captures all the entered details plus the requirements needed to progress the farm development.
- The summary report includes map screen shots and a table of requirements – it can be printed and/or emailed.
Select the button to launch Navigating Farm Developments – it will open in a new tab.Navigating Farm Developments