Get into AgSTEM is a free education program, comprised of a suite of workshops. Victorian teachers and school students are the ideal participants. All content links to curricula of the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority.
Fun, hands-on activities are set within the context of Agriculture Victoria’s research projects. By showcasing these innovation initiatives, Get into AgSTEM links studying STEM at school, with high-tech, cross-disciplinary 21st century skills that are relevant to future careers in agriculture.
"The program provides hands-on activities using technology and equipment not available to students at school. Students are engaged, and it allows those who learn more easily in a practical setting to excel and develop confidence."
– Leonie Corrick, Outreach Coordinator, Thomastown Secondary College
"This program showcases a part of science that students find exciting and has so many practical applications to agriculture."
– Andrew Cosby, Head of Agriculture and Horticulture Studies, Elizabeth Murdoch College, Langwarrin
"Get into AgSTEM is an excellent example of collaboration across government and industry, delivering education opportunities to Victorian schools and communities."
– Professor German Spangenberg, Emeritus Professor, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research & Industry Engagement), La Trobe University
Locations and remote delivery
- AgriBio, Centre for AgriBioscience, located at Bundoora
- Agriculture Victoria's regional SmartFarms, located at Hamilton, Horsham, Tatura, Ellinbank and Mildura
- Online for select workshops.
For more information email email@example.com