Agricultural and Pastoral Society Grants
In 2023-24, the Victorian Government has made up to $300,000 of funding available for the Agricultural and Pastoral Society Grants (Program).
The Program is available to support Agricultural and Pastoral Societies to stimulate community involvement across Victoria in activities that promote agriculture.
Grants of up to $10,000 per eligible society are available for eligible projects. Projects that will be considered may include initiatives that:
- promote agricultural production
- provide new, or improved or upgraded facilities for the exhibitions, competitions and displays for arts and craft, and artisan produce, such as upgrading fencing and stables, or areas used for shearing demonstrations and wool exhibits and/or judging of commercial and stud animals
- enhance public amenities at showgrounds such as toilets, seating, and disabled access
- improve essential infrastructure for electricity and water supply
- enhance business management, planning for shows and marketing strategies targeting the broader community
- promote reporting of livestock movements to the National Livestock Identification System (NLIS) database such as the purchase of scanning wands
- enhance biosecurity planning such as a written biosecurity plan, signage, or improved facilities to create separate housing of different species of animals for biosecurity purposes
Who can apply?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must be either:
- a not-for-profit entity that operates for a purpose related to agriculture, horticulture or pastoral outcomes and/or fostering community involvement in these areas including, for example by, holding regional field days. Entities may include, for example, incorporated associations which are Victorian Agricultural, Pastoral and Horticultural Societies, or
- a peak body involved in providing support to other entities in the area of pastoral activities, agriculture or horticulture including for example Victorian Agricultural Shows Ltd; or
- a registered member of Victorian Agricultural Shows Ltd
In addition, to be eligible for funding applicants must:
- be an incorporated body, cooperative or association (including business associations); and
- be financially solvent.
Note: Applicants must have fully completed and acquitted projected funded in 2022-23 of the Agricultural and Pastoral Society Grants to receive funding from the current round.
Prior to applying for funding, applicants should read the grant program guidelines.
Apply for a grant
The Agricultural and Pastoral Society Grants will close at 11.59pm on Friday 13 October 2023. Applications can be submitted through the online application form.Apply Now
Email enquiries to email@example.com.