Swine Compensation Fund
Victoria's Swine Compensation Fund (SCF) is established under the Livestock Disease Control Act 1994 (the Act) and funded from duty collected on the sale of pigs or pig carcases.
Under the Act, the Minister for Agriculture can make payments from the SCF to fund programs and projects for the benefit of the swine industry in Victoria.
These payments can only be made once the Minister for Agriculture has considered recommendations from the Swine Industry Projects Advisory Committee (SIPAC).
Swine Industry Projects Advisory Committee
The SIPAC consists of five members who represent the:
- swine industry
- Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR).
Current members are:
- Mr Michael Rosier (Chair) — DJPR representative
- Mr John Bourke — swine industry
- Mr Tim Kingma — swine industry
- Dr Patricia Mitchell — swine industry
- Dr Rachael Holmes — DJPR representative.
Apply for a grant
The Livestock Biosecurity Funds – Grant Program is now closed and applications are not being accepted. Please continue visiting this page to check when the next funding round opens.
To join our mailing list and receive an update closer to the launch date, please email: LivestockBiosecurityFund@agriculture.vic.gov.au
Summary of previous projects
2018 to 2019
- Swine Compensation Fund — Summary of projects 2018 to 2019 (PDF - 828.2 KB)
- Swine Compensation Fund — Summary of projects 2018 to 2019 (WORD - 5.0 MB)
2017 to 2018
- Swine Compensation Fund — Summary of projects 2017 to 2018 (PDF - 475.0 KB)
- Swine Compensation Fund — Summary of projects 2017 to 2018 (WORD - 5.0 MB)