Swine Compensation Fund
Victoria's Swine Compensation Fund (SCF) is established under the Livestock Disease Control Act 1994 (the Act) and funded from duty collected on the sale of pigs or pig carcases.
Under the Act, the Minister for Agriculture can make payments from the SCF to fund programs and projects for the benefit of the swine industry in Victoria.
These payments can only be made once the Minister for Agriculture has considered recommendations from the Swine Industry Projects Advisory Committee (SIPAC).
Swine Industry Projects Advisory Committee
The SIPAC consists of five members who represent the:
- swine industry
- Department of Jobs, Precincts and Regions (DJPR).
Current members are:
- Mr Mark Byatt (Chair) – DJPR representative
- Mr Tim Kingma – swine industry
- Ms Cherie Collins – swine industry
- Mr Rob Bayley – swine industry
- Ms Anja George – DJPR representative
Apply for a grant
Eligible applicants wishing to apply for Livestock Biosecurity Funds funding can do so online from Friday 23 July 2021 until 11.59 pm on Friday 26 November 2021.
These links will open a secure online application form.
Summary of previous projects
2018 to 2019
2017 to 2018
- Swine Compensation Fund — Summary of projects 2017 to 2018 (PDF - 475.0 KB)
- Swine Compensation Fund — Summary of projects 2017 to 2018 (WORD - 5.0 MB)