Alexandra wild dog management zone
Work plan 2023–2024
The Mansfield wild dog management zone is to the east, and the Gembrook, Noojee and Erica Wild Dog Management Zone is to the south. Localities within the Alexandra wild dog management zone include:
- East Warburton
- Lake Eildon
- McMahons Creek
Targeted ground baiting transects are located on public land:
- south of Flowerdale
- south and south-east of Limestone
- north-east of Buxton
- north-west and west of Marysville.
Trapping and priority 2 ground baiting transects are a network of tracks. These are located on public land:
- north-west of Kinglake West
- north of Kinglake
- north and north-east of Toolangi through to south of Molesworth
- north of Narbethong
- all directions around Marysville and in the area stretching from Marysville
- west of Buxton, up to Rubicon and Eildon.
The map shows within the Alexandra wild dog management zone there is 124,982 hectares of public land, 57,983 hectares of land under the three-kilometre livestock protection buffer and 59,347 of private land. There is one Wild Dog Controller, with a capacity for 3,000 trap nights and 43 kilometres of Targeted ground baiting transects.
The map should be read in conjunction with the accompanying Alexandra wild dog management zone plan.