Food to Market Program
Food to Market is a $15 million commitment under the new strategy for Agriculture in Victoria to provide financial support for projects investing in our agri-food supply chain.
The Food to Market program will invest in projects to support jobs, deliver productivity improvements and capitalise on new opportunities across the agri-food supply chain. Projects will help to fast-track economic recovery and deliver more resilient supply chains.
This program is closed to new applications.
The program was launched on 31 March 2021 with a high volume of funding requests received. The program closed to applications on 29 April 2021.
Objectives of the program
Key objectives of this program include to:
- increase supply chain efficiency and productivity
- grow existing export markets and access new export markets
- close critical gaps in domestic production and supply chains
- increase value add to Victorian production
- increase collaborative and shared resources along the domestic supply chain.
Projects eligible for funding
A wide range of projects that support the objectives of the program may be considered for funding.
Examples of projects that may be considered for funding include to:
- address a supply chain issue that presents barriers to domestic processing capability
- take up new technology and innovation
- grow export markets including access to new markets for existing or new products
- improve supply chain productivity and cost competitiveness
- improve data collection and analysis for improved decision making along supply chains
- provide import replacement or re-onshore supply chains
- design and implement new systems that improve supply-chain networks and partnerships
To be eligible for funding applicants must demonstrate that:
- projects align with program objectives
- benefits to be delivered by the project will extend to other agri-food participants along the supply chain, or to the agri-food sector or supply-chain more broadly.
The first tranche of project funding under the program was announced on 31 August 2021, with the program supporting 13 key industry and regional peak bodies to deliver projects providing whole-of-industry benefits.
Grants under this program continue to be assessed with further funding announcements to come.
For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org