A well designed farm plan can improve the productivity and sustainability of your farm.
The Land Health program delivers farm planning to groups through:
- structured training courses
- online delivery
- informal series of field days.
Courses are tailored to cover local issues.
Farm planning covers the following topics with farm mapping built into each:
- vision and goal setting
- soil productivity and soil health
- land capability
- farm water supply
- grazing and pasture management
- cropping systems
- risk management (such as climate and fire)
- relevant legislations
- business management and succession planning.
Farm planning can help farmers to:
- make informed decisions to improve productivity and manage business risks
- better understand their soils and improve soil productivity
- match their enterprise and management to land capability and protect natural assets
- improve grazing and pasture management
- use nutrients more efficiently
- use water more efficiently, improve capture and storage, undertake a water budget and understand water quality issues
- improve management of soils in relation to cropping.
Page last updated: 04 Jan 2021