Licence application, variation and renewal forms
Licences related to the use of animals in research and teaching include:
- Scientific Procedures Premises Licence
- Scientific Procedures Premises Licence (School)
- Scientific Procedures Fieldwork Licence
- Specified Animals Breeding Licence.
To apply for a new licence, or vary or renew an existing licence, please contact email@example.com for the relevant form.
Fieldwork notification form
This form is to notify Animal Welfare Victoria of scientific procedures conducted as fieldwork (where procedures are conducted at non-licensed premises):
'Death as an end-point' procedures
A person seeking approval for death as an end-point scientific procedures should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the relevant application form.
The Guidance note – Death as an end-point scientific procedures provides important information on what constitutes a ‘death as an end-point’ scientific procedure and the application process.
- Guidance note – Death as an end-point scientific procedures (PDF - 125.3 KB)
- Guidance note – Death as an end-point scientific procedures (WORD - 1.1 MB)
Animal use return forms
Animal use returns must be completed and submitted to Animal Welfare Victoria by 31 March of each year for:
- Scientific Procedures Premises Licences (SPPL)
- Scientific Procedures Fieldwork Licences (SPFL)
- Specified Animals Breeding Licences (SABL) held for any period each year, regardless of whether or not animals were used
The annual return consists of 3 parts:
- Statement and Declaration (WORD - 94.5 KB) – a Word document form that must be submitted even if you did not use animals for the reporting period.
- Animal Use Spreadsheet (EXCEL - 173.9 KB) – an Excel spreadsheet that must be submitted only if animals were used for the reporting period
- Death as an Endpoint form (WORD - 84.9 KB) – a Word document that must be submitted only if a death as an endpoint procedure is conducted.
It is strongly recommended that you refer to the Animal return submission guideline to ensure correct completion of the return: