New licence application or licence variation forms
To apply for a new licence:
- Scientific Procedures Premises Licence
- Scientific Procedures Premises Licence (School)
- Scientific Procedures Fieldwork Licence
- Specified Animals Breeding Licence.
Please contact email@example.com
To submit a variation application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the current forms.
If you are applying for renewal of a current licence due to expire in the 2020 to 2021 financial year, please contact email@example.com for the relevant form.
Licence renewal forms 2021 to 2022
If your licence is due to expire in June 2021, the renewal forms will be updated to the website once the indexation of fees has been set by the Department of Treasury and Finance. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Fieldwork notification form
Form to notify Animal Welfare Victoria of scientific procedures conducted as fieldwork (procedures conducted at non-licensed premises):
'Death as an end-point' procedures
A person seeking approval for 'death as an end-point scientific procedures' should contact email@example.com for the relevant form.
Animal use return forms
Animal use returns must be completed and submitted to Animal Welfare Victoria by 31 March of each year for:
- Scientific Procedures Premises Licences (SPPL)
- Scientific Procedures Fieldwork Licences (SPFL)
- Specified Animals Breeding Licences (SABL) held for any period each year, regardless of whether animals were used
The annual return consists of 3 parts:
- Part A – An Excel spreadsheet that must be submitted only if animals were used for the reporting period
- Part B – A Word document form that must be submitted even if you did not use animals for the reporting period.
- Part C – A Word document that must be submitted only if death as an endpoint procedure is conducted.
- Part A – Animal use return 2020 (EXCEL - 22.6 KB)
- Part B – Animal use return 2020 (WORD - 84.9 KB)
- Part C – Animal use return 2020 (WORD - 82.6 KB)
Refer to the Animal return submission guideline to assist in completion of the return: