Standard for restricted breed dogs
This is an approved standard for the purposes of section 3(3) of the Domestic Animals Act 1994.
Pursuant to section 3(1) of the Domestic Animals Act 1994 a restricted breed dog (RBD) is a dog that is any one of these breeds:
- American Pit Bull Terrier (or Pit Bull Terrier)
- Dogo Argentino
- Fila Brasileiro
- Japanese Tosa
- Perro de Presa Canario (or Presa Canario).
Access the gazetted standard.
The Standard for Restricted Breed Dogs in Victoria, published in the Victoria Government Gazette, is the legal formatted document for use by enforcement agencies. The Gazetted version of the standard can be accessed with the following instructions:
- Go to the Victorian Government Gazette website
- In the quick search box on the top right corner, type in 'S22'
- Click on the link 'Special Gazette Number S22 Dated 31 January 2014'.
The Gazetted standard may be printed for private use. However, it is copyrighted and no part may be reproduced by any process except in line with the provisions of the Copyright Act.