Report an unusual or emergency animal disease
Emergency animal disease hotline
Report any unusual signs or suspected cases of emergency animal disease immediately to the Emergency Animal Disease Hotline on 1800 675 888. Early reporting increases the chance of effective control and eradication.
Diseases can spread quickly over large distances so it’s essential that you report what you find as soon as possible. Even a suspicion of disease or observation of unusual clinical signs in your animals should be reported.
Early detection can minimise the spread of diseases and help protect the health of our animals and the integrity of our valuable animal industries.
Knowledgeable, expert staff will respond to your report. They will advise you on what action you need to take. They may ask you for more information about the detection.
Information to include in a report
- name and contact details for the property, owner or farm manager
- location of animals (address point, GPS, etc.)
- clinical signs – what symptoms do the animals have?
- number of animals affected and the total number of animals on the property
- history of the animals, for example, recent travel, vaccinations, treatments