Invasive plants and animals consultations and reviews
Current, past and proposed consultations and reviews along with written submissions and departmental responses and decisions are shown on this page.
Current and forward agenda
No consultations are currently scheduled or under way.
- Public consultations and reviews that have been conducted by the department.
Invasive Marine Pests Module
November 2021 to December 2021
Agriculture Victoria has developed the Invasive Marine Pests Module under the Victorian Government’s Invasive Plants and Animals Policy Framework. The module sets out the Victorian Government’s approach to the prevention, eradication and containment of marine pests and protection of assets from the impact of marine pests. The public consultation on the module provided stakeholders the opportunity to comment on the module. The Consultation Summary is provided below, and the finalised module can be found here.
- Invasive Marine Pests Module – Consultation Summary (PDF - 1014.1 KB)
- Invasive Marine Pests Module – Consultation Summary (WORD - 2.8 MB)
Invasive Species Regulatory Improvement Study
August 2014 to January 2015
The study aimed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the regulation of invasive species in Victoria by formalising a risk based approach. The study team undertook targeted consultation with stakeholders who have had direct experience with the Victorian invasive species regulatory framework.
- Invasive Species Regulatory Improvement Study (PDF - 651.9 KB)
- Invasive Species Regulatory Improvement Study (WORD - 324.0 KB)
Non-Indigenous Bird Management Policy
Closed 16 May 2014
Working with stakeholders and bird groups to help determine the species list that the new policy applies to.
- Summary of stakeholder consultation - Non-indigenous Bird Management in Victoria (PDF - 222.5 KB)
- Summary of stakeholder consultation - Non-indigenous Bird Management in Victoria (WORD - 18.4 KB)
Aerial baiting for wild dogs (EPBC 2011/6183)
Closed 17 February 2014
The Victorian Government made a referral under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (EPBC Act) to undertake aerial baiting for wild dog management in the Gippsland and north-east regions of Victoria.
The operation was deemed a controlled action under the EPBC Act under the controlling provisions of Listed Threatened Species and Communities (Sections 18 and 18A).
A variation to the original referral was presented to the Australian Government Department of Environment and documents were published pursuant to Section 95A of the EPBC Act for a public consultation period of 20 business days.
- Summary of public submissions (PDF - 55.3 KB)
- Summary of public submissions (WORD - 17.4 KB)
- DEPI addendum in response to the public submissions (PDF - 159.3 KB)
- DEPI addendum in response to the public submissions (WORD - 71.3 KB)
Non-Indigenous Bird Management Policy
15 May to 28 June 2013
To provide stakeholders with the opportunity to help develop and improve Victoria's approach to the management of non-indigenous birds.
A discussion paper outlined and sought comments on a proposed new approach to the management of non-indigenous birds in Victoria.
- Non-indigenous Bird Management Policy Discussion Paper (PDF - 222.9 KB)
- Non-indigenous Bird Management Policy Discussion Paper (WORD - 550.3 KB)
- Responses to issues raised (PDF - 423.6 KB)
- Responses to issues raised (WORD - 32.0 KB)
Framework for new invasive species management legislation
13 August to 5 October 2012
To provide stakeholders with the opportunity to have their say about the proposed framework for new stand-alone invasive species management legislation for Victoria.
- Invasive Species Management Bill discussion paper (WORD - 393.6 KB)
- Register of submissions (WORD - 37.2 KB)
- Overview of key feedback themes and responses to issues raised (WORD - 80.8 KB)
Please direct any enquiries about Invasive Species consultations to the Customer Service Centre on 136 186 or email email@example.com.